Mountain Top North Georgia Cabin Rentals FAQs
Where is Mountain Top Cabin Rentals located?
- Mountain Top Cabin Rentals is located in Blue Ridge, in the beautiful North Georgia Mountains. We are conveniently located on Highway 515/Appalachian Hwy, about 90 minutes north of Atlanta, via I-575. Directions are supplied with confirmed reservations. You can also see more explicit directions on our Directions page.
What are your office hours?
- Our office is open from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm Monday-Friday. We are open 10:00 am to 3:00 pm on Saturday and are closed on Sunday.
Is there a minimum length of stay in the mountain cabins?
- Mountain Top Cabin Rentals generally has a two-night minimum with the exception of the following:
- Martin Luther King Jr Day Weekend - 3 night minimum
- President's Day weekend- 3 night minimum.
- Memorial Day Weekend - 3 night minimum
- Independence Day weekend - 4 night minimum
- Labor Day Weekend - 3 night minimum
- Thanksgiving Holidays - 5 night minimum
- Christmas Holidays - 5 night minimum
- New Years Holidays - 4 night minimum
- July and October - 3 night minimum for entire months
- A one night stay may be available upon last minute request. (By last minute, we are referring to the day that you want to check in) Please keep in mind the cleaning fees are the same regardless the number of nights as the same amount of cleaning is performed. Cleaning fees are non-negotiable.
What are the steps in renting a mountain cabin?
Mountain Top Cabin Rentals is now accepting online
Simply search the dates you are interested in, and choose your
perfect cabin! You can also view the
cabin rentals, and book directly from each cabin page! If you would like more information, or if you are unsure
of what cabin would work best for you, we encourage you to contact our
reservation team. We would love to help
you find the perfect cabin rental to make your vacation in Blue Ridge
unforgettable! To make a reservation over the phone, feel free to call us
during our business hours at 866-40-CABIN
How much is due at the time of booking?
- In order to confirm a reservation we require a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) to charge 50% of the total rental. The second 50% is due the day before check-in, paid by credit card only. Unfortunately, we cannot accept checks, money orders, or cashier checks for the second payment.
Do you require a security deposit?
- The day before check-in, a $200 security deposit will be charged to your card. This charge will be refunded to your card the following Friday after your departure provided that there is no damage to the cabin. Extra charges rarely occur as most guests are extremely respectful.
Are there any additional fees?
- A cleaning fee and 12% taxes will be added to each stay. Cleaning fees vary for each cabin depending on the size and cleaning difficulty. A processing fee of $15.00 will be added to each reservation total. Also, our rates are based on a party of up to four people. For each additional person that occupies the cabin, there will be a fee of $10 per person per night extra. Children 3 and younger are free.
What are the check-in and check-out times?
- Check in is anytime after 3:00 pm on the day of check-in. Check out is no later than 11:00 am the day of departure.
Does Mountain Top Cabin Rentals provide discounts to local attractions?
- Yes!! As our customers, you receive discounts at the best local shops, restaurants, and activities. When you arrive, you will receive an exclusive travel guide to the area, made by us expecially for our customers. Inside the travel guide, you will find discounts ranging from free gifts to 20% off of your purchase!
What is your cancellation policy on renting a cabin?
- If something happens that you must cancel, you must notify Mountain Top Cabin Rentals 14 days or more prior to the check in date for a full refund minus a $50 Cancellation Fee. If cancellation is made between 13 and 3 days prior to check in date, you will receive a full refund minus a one nights rent Cancellation Fee. No changes can be made to your reservation within 3 days prior to your arrival. If you must cancel within 3 days prior to your arrival date, no monies will be refunded, and you will be responsible to pay any balances due for your cabin rental. Unfortunately we cannot be responsible for cancellations due to circumstances beyond your or our control.
What about rescheduling a cabin?
- If you need to change the dates of your stay you will be charged a $10 rescheduling fee. However, no rescheduling can be done within the 3 days prior to your arrival.
Are pets allowed in the cabins?
- Some of our cabins are “pet friendly” and are so designated by the cabin’s owner. Any pets must be pre-registered. If a cabin is designated “pet friendly” there will be a $35 fee if a pre-registered pet occupies the property. If a pet is discovered not registered, or occupying a “non-pet friendly” property, the guest may be assessed a minimum of $100. Unfortunately, we cannot allow any cats at our properties. Please be considerate of non-pet friendly cabins, as many of our owners and guests have children with severe allergies who cannot be exposed to pet dander.
Is there an age limit for renting your cabins?
- You must be 25 years or older to rent a cabin. The person who rents the cabin must be a member of the party coming and must remain the entire duration of the stay. There are no exceptions to this rule.
How do I get the Key and Directions to my Cabin?
- When you book your cabin, you will be provided with the directions to our office. On the day you check in, you will come to our office location. We will then give you the key and directions to your cabin. Most cabins are approximately 10 minutes from the office. If you plan to arrive after business hours or on a Sunday, you will be provided with alternate check in instructions in which you will pick up your key and directions from an “After Hours Check In Box” located at our office.
What do we need to bring to stay in the North Georgia Mountains?
- All that is necessary to bring is clothing and personal toiletries. Your cabin will be stocked with an initial supply of toilet paper, trash bags, dishwasher soap, and bath soap. All kitchens are fully stocked with utensils. However, it may be a good idea to bring or pick up paper towels, laundry detergent, and coffee filters as these are not always provided. There are a number of major food stores in the area, such as Ingles & Food Lion, and many good restaurants in the Fannin County area.
Are all of the roads to the cabins paved?
No, many of the roads leading to the cabins are gravel roads. There are easily accessilbe, however, with any normal car, SUV, or truck. Low profile sports cars are not reccommended for cabins with gravel roads. We have many cabins that do have paved access if needed.
When can fireplaces be used?
- Fireplaces are in use from October 1st to April 30th. Fireplaces cannot be used from May 1st to September 30th.
Do you provide firewood?
- An initial supply of firewood is provided at cabins with wood-burning fireplaces, during the fall and winter months. After the initial supply is used, additional wood is the responsibility of the guest. Absolutely NO fires are permitted outside, unless the property is fitted with a fire ring. Cabins are very close to the woods, and building a fire outside of a designated area is very dangerous and is against the law. No firewood is provided during the spring and summer months of May through September.
Do I have to clean the cabin before check out?
- We do not expect you to clean the cabin, but you will be provided with checkout instructions upon arrival that we ask you to follow to ensure the cabin is left in safe condition.
Where can I buy wine/beer?
You can purchase beer and wine at the local grocery stores and convenience stores. Several local restaurants also serve beer and wine. Blue Ridge is considered a dry county, and you cannot purchase liquor in this area. Ellijay, however, is 15 miles south of Blue Ridge and does sell liquor.
How are the hot tubs cleaned/ maintained?
We are very particular about the cleanliness of our cabins and our hot tubs. The hot tubs are completely drained after every single rental. The filters are taken out and cleaned, and the hot tub is completely wiped down and cleaned with professional cleaners. The hot tub is then filled with fresh water and fresh chemicals.
What activities are available nearby?
- Blue Ridge is a beautiful area with activities and adventures for all ages. You can simply relax and take in the breathtaking views and vistas, or you can partake in all of the action and adventure Blue Ridge has to offer. Take a nostalgic train ride into Tennessee on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway, do some shopping in downtown Blue Ridge, catch a fish in one of our pristine streams or rivers, hike through the Cohutta Wilderness, take a lazy river float down the Toccoa River, battle the rapids while Whitewater Rafting, take a stroll through the woods on horseback, zip through the treetops on a Canopy tour, soar through the sky on a helicopter tour, sip some wine and listen to great live music at a local winery, enjoy a live production at the Blue Ridge Community Theater, or go boating, canoeing, or kayaking! There are endless opportunities for fun and adventure in Blue Ridge, and we would love to share it with you!
View Our Check Out Information Page